Thursday 13 September 2018

Battle Report - Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game

Hello All,

Time for another Wednesday wargaming battle report. This week we tried out the new version of the Lord of the Rings game which is allot of fun. I still have a report to do from a week or 2 ago that I forgot to do but I am delaying that again.

Anyway having painted some new Army of the dead stuff I decided to try the out. I didn't really have tons finished so I took the three hunters (Aragorg Gimli and Legolas) plus the king of the dead and a few ghosts. This makes for real low numbers but sounded fun.

Serge was this forced to be Evil and took Goblins as they were his only option.

Went for the scenario 'Ill met by moonlight as it seemed cool. The table is what I am slowly building up for Osgiliath.


Here's the starting set up. Goal for this scenario is basically murder.


Takes a couple of turns for the armies to close in a bit.


I was a bit worried about the warts having an easy time killing ghosts so I formed up in a line across the road. Figure I can fight them before getting bogged down with goblins.


Moving in real close now. Legolas is finally able to see and shoots down 1 dog.


Next turn the warts come in, getting very lucky with rolls as the ghosts cause terror and they have really low courage especially with the king of the dead around.


Things are going pretty well for me but the goblins are surrounding everyone badly. Legolas decided to hang back and try to show the goblin king a bit. But his blubber saved it.


This turned out badly and the king now has self jelly. But the warts are almost all gone. Just the king left fighting fimbul. Gimli is having a grand time axing goblins. But ghosts are getting picked apart. My force breaks at 9 and routs at 6 which is not good.


Final shot gimli was able to get a wound on the king and I was a couple of kills away from breaking the goblins. They have very low courage especially with the king so they would have went down fast after that. But u accidentally fed the king s ghost instead of gimli. If only Legolas had pulled his weight.

Points wise it was 6-2 first the goblins. I got some for wounding the king, and they fire breaking me and not being broken.

Was fun I quite enjoyed the hunters and ghosts, and it came out pretty close!

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment