Sunday 23 September 2018

Tournament Report - Capital Conflict - Infinity Tournament

Hello All,

Thought I would toss up a very quick report on this. On Saturday I attended a fun Infinity tournament put off by Olen in the city. Post Tornado but it all worked out. I took my new Highlanders that I have been working on idea being to try something new and have some fun.

I actually remembered to take a picture every game!

Game 1: vs Military Orders in  Looting and Sabotaging


First round, the objective is to protect your thing and smash the other guys thing. This game went really bad. I made a bad choice in deployment and a TO sniper took out Wallace almost immediately. If that wasn't bad enough my army doesn't have any of the tools to deal with that high technology far away stuff. I gave a good fight but some knights got in and smashed my computer. I almost was able to take him out with shotguns from the volunteers at the end but he passed his saves and wrecked my objective. So a major loss for turn 1.

Game 2: vs Tohaa in Quadrant Control


Nice table but allot of unpainted stuff sadly. This game I was a bit more comfortable with. Quadrant control is actually my favorite mission and I feel like playing Ryan has given me a taste of the bad things Tohaa can do, and they are pretty rare otherwise. I had crazy good luck in this game with lots of double crits even. At the very end were both spread pretty thin, but I was able to control more zones turns 2 and 3. My opponent also missed a few estimates on getting key guys in the right zones at the very end. So a major victory for me but just by luck.

Game 3: vs Star Company in Capture and Protect


Game 3, despite there being 13 tables the computer decided I should play this 1 twice hah. This time around you have to grab a thing from your opponents side and bring it all the way back. This game was oddly light on the murder I think we both had enough left to play a 200 point game at the end. Lots of machine gun guys trading shots and killing robots. Towards the end I got Wallace and his crazy pals up the center near the goodies. I was able to get a highlander to take the last hit off a TAG with his sword which was fun! The Star Co. was unable to wipe them. On my turn the remaining highlanders went crazy and through smoke the objective blocking most things. I was going to try and kill the last guy who could see, but Steve helpfully suggested to just through another smoke. With that Wallace casually walked in took the thing and walked home. So that was a second major victory. Somehow everything just worked out for me again hah.

So with a loss and 2 wins I somehow came in 3rd place! I got the Beyond Icestorm pack with some cool dudes and a measuring gauge and some MDF terrain bits.

I also won the vote for favorite army, which is pretty cool! Part of that is not many people displaying their armies, but Patrick convinced me to do it, and someone else put a label on allowing people to vote, so a bit of a team effort hah. Still I am pretty pleased about it. SO here is a shot of my army:


Not going to lie the 1 warcor on a different base is a big embarrassment. But he has to hang around with inspiring people like Wallace, he is pretty much a paparazzi.

Anyway was a fun day out, great opponents all around for me. Big thanks to everyone who helped Olen pull it off, and him for organizing it obviously. I am sure to go next year as well, even thou I am generally grumpy about it in the days leading up hah.

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment