Wednesday 22 May 2019

Cangames Report - Part 1

Hello Folks,

Time for the traditional cangames posts. I was involved in 4 games this year so I figure 2 posts should cover it. I guess part 1 will be my games and part 2 others games.

Saga Age of Magic:

On Friday afternoon I organized some games of the new saga rules. Mainly to try it out and see what we think. I brought in some extra armies as well encase some new people wanted to give it a go. In the end there was 5 of us so we got try out a couple of single player games and a big melee.


Here's the happy summer table I brought with undead facing orcs and goblins from the 80s!


Duncans table with Roman's facing hordes.


Tods tablecwith the big melee in action. Goal was to capture the house of victory, and have troops survive. Kind of k8ng of the hill.



Tod insulted the dignity of the Empire of Newfoundland, one of the example fantasy kingdoms in the book, so I had my big meat me smash his warlord.


Sadly all my troops were killed, but that is all in accordance with the blood gods plan. Undead where the clear winner, have by far the most guys left and the house.

In the end age of magic seemed fun, have a few new warbands in the ideas phase now for sure!

Avalon Pensula Campaign:

The other game I ran was s muskets and tomahawks scenario for the siege of Carbonesr Island in 1697. This was a small simple fight but with lots of fun stuff.


Here's is the set up. French are in the ship and boats, they have to take the island to complete their burning of every English settlement around the bay.


First vollies crack out as the ship sails.


French and Indians in boats approaching the beach, and they fire off a volley.


Getting close to soil!


The cards give the natives a burst of initiative and they charge the defenders.


Slowly pushing back the defenders.


A final whiff of grape shot from the cannon does some damage, but to little to late. Next turn the English surrender the island.

I thought this went pretty well, but maybe was a bit fast. My games often are. I feel like I should have had another unit of English sailors to defend and maybe a bigger island, but I am happy with how it went.

I would like to do some more Avalon games, and some with Peter Easton. I'm also tempted to get some of the new blacknppwder French and Indian war stuff that is coming out. If they had some plastics I would for sure, but the ranges are all metal and not that great in my opinion so that is s hold back.

Any way those are the games I ran, the other games to follow tomorrow! Be sure to le me know what you think!

Thanks;
Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment