Tuesday 14 May 2019

Battle Report - SAGA

Hello All,

This past Saturday i had the chance to do a quick game of Saga with Duncan, and get some more work done on terrain for Cangames.

Age of Magic had still not arrived, but I was in the mood for some fantasy so I took some Rohan guys and called the Saxons!

We did the random mission generator and got:

Marshy country
Vanguard
Until dusk
A good day to die
Sacrifice

Basically murder in a swamp. Facing Frank's with their Emperor.


Here is the set up, a couple of big units of warriors flanking archers in a swamp, with mounted and king Theoden off to the left. Facing down the household cavalry and there buds.


Turn 1 Frank's move up and a bit of shooting.


I advance a bit and charge the levy, which goes very poorly and all but 1 knight die.


Next turn he gets killed by javelins and the household charge Eowyns unit. They get beat up real bad but kill a couple of the household. This puts me in an awkward spot thou done to 4 saga duce already!

I tried to change the flow by assisting the emperor with my other big unit of warriors. But this plan narrowly failed sadly.


The household crush my unit taking a few casualties. Not good.


I decide the rest is up to the archers so fall back and shoot them. But not hugely effective.


Oh great the household ar coming. But it warriors who charge, the levy in the swamp actually do really well.


I move u9 my knights to get in the fight


In the end allot of stuff is dead, only 1 household member remains. But the Frank's are up by around 5 massacre points so it is a win for them.

Was a fun game, really look forward to trying to age of magic. That will start in Friday!

Thanks;
Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment