Monday 27 January 2020

Battle Report - Crusades Saga - 3 player

Hello Folks,

This past weekend I got the chance to do another Saga Crusades game. This time it was Duncan with Saracens, Stan with Crusaders, and me with Teutonic Knights.

We played the three player scenario where turns are mixed up. Winner is decided by survival points, plus a bonus each time you charge.

Things can get chaotic with three players but I'll do much best.



Heres the deployment, you alternate putting units and they can go anywhere, so you can split up attack everyone whatever you want. I decided to get in Duncans face s bit and ended up pretty surrounded.


No charging or shooting turn 1, but Duncan found a loop hole to kill an archer.


Stan gets really close and I just shift a bit


Duncan gets the first active turn, and murders a group of hearth guard. Then picks Stan next who kills allot of bowman. Hard times to be Teutonic! But the bowman killed a few warriors so not bad.


My turn I killed all but 1 of Stans Warriors, and my warlord killed a bunch of Duncans warriors, but was left exhausted.


Stan went next and used some crossbow guys to clean up my bowmen.


My turn again, time for an abysmal charge. My mounted knights charged those crossbows and only 1 survived. Then my warlord rode over and order the other bows to shoot.


Duncan then cleand up the rest of the biw, and my warlord!


I was left with a single knight on my turn. But he rolled allot of great saga dice and made a decent charge against the Saracens. Sadly they made all their saves and the knights were done.

 
The remaining armies face off across z field of corpses...


Stan chops up a few more riders, and Duncan launches a few hit and run attacks. But hold off from committing to an assault.


In the end both armies are in pretty good shape, and have very similar survival points. Duncan end's up just ahead due to doing more charges. Ah the benefits of z maneuverable army. Although also risky with so many archers around!

Was a fun game, thou bit of a disaster for me!

Thanks;
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment