Thursday 23 January 2020

Battle Report - Team Yankee

Hello All,

Time for another Wednesday wargaming battle report. This week we are playing the new version of Team Yankee, and its battle 10 of the campaign.

Honestly the changes are pretty small, so not going to change much or anything?

Anyways I decided to do a more Amercian force and keep things simple, so I have 10 Abhrams, 7 AMX-30 and 2 hummers. Scenario roll was Free For All which is by far the worst mission in my opinion but it's not the end of the world.

I did set up lots of terrain, aiming for the start of a mountain and big forest.


Heres the deployment. Free for all means everything starts on the board, so we have a few allied tanks vs 3-4 russian formations.


Turn 1, not to much effect for me but I killed a unit of 4 BMP recon.


Turns out I feared the wrong unit and some man packed missiles tore the French apart. Oh snap.


I move to fight T-64s on the left but not much luck against there armor. On the right I tried to engage the infantry and did kill a stand or 2.


Russians clean up the French and move forward aggressively.


Abrams pull back and fire away. Do well against the T-55s with few numbers, but only like 1 or 2 T-64 dies. Not enough.


Russians press forward, getting on the side with 2 T-64 killing an abrams. Otherwise the T-55s get in striking distance.


Next turn the Russiabs have forced the issue and there is no more space to pull back. So the Abrams advance and try to get all the side shots they can to roll up the T-64s they can. I'm able to get 4 or 5 which is pretty good. The command tanks tuck into a corner and continue lighting up T-55s.


Sadly its not enough, with a bit of good luck the T-64s finish up 1 platoon, and all the rear shots from T-55s kill the other, so pretty clear Russian victory.

It's actually not as bad as it seem, if I hadn't lost the French so early I got have maybe fought to a draw, but it was a tough go. So many tanks for so cheap,  combined with the effective 64s is tough. Also I took allot of Abrams which we know are not at all efficient. But fun game.


Thanks;
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that the T-64 have 17 front armour and that T55s are slow firing. Would have made a small difference. Thanks for the game. I rolled a die to see if the WARSAW pact captured your territory in the counter attack. They did not. I have posted on the Facebook page

    ReplyDelete