Monday 20 January 2020

Battle Report - Saga Age of Crusades

Busy week!

This past Sunday I got together with Duncan to play some Saga in the crusading times. I decided to try the Teutonic knights again with lots of levy this time, and would be facing the muslim fanatics. (Real reaction names to hard to spell)

Mission wise I decided it would be good to try out ambush. Basically there are 3 baggage that are neutral moving across the board. You have to murder them to get an objective  then keep it, plus survive.

Also everything starts off board and you only get 5 turns.


Fanatics move on, no saga dice so you just have to maneuver


Knights move in. Every turn you roll to see if the baggage moves, we have camels, horses, and pigs behind the forest.


Some eastern horse men ride in like crazy and kill 75% of a hearth guard unit. Just terrifying! Some spearmen assault a baggage but just bounce off.


Time to strike back. The Teutonic knights have a very helpful ability that let's ever unit move 4" with out counting as an activation, so I use that to get my dirty peasant bowman in range and they hammer the Eastren horsemen. Then the brother knights charge the pigs and take the objective. Showing the fanatics how it's done!



Guess I missed a picture so 2 turns for this one. The fanatics tried to strike back sending some camels into my bowman. But a handy saga abilities let me kill 1 to allow them to shoot in response, this killed half the camels. They also made a very good attempt to kill a baggage getting 7 hits, but crazily I made 6 saves!

On my turn I killed the rest of the camels, and more horsemen with shooting, moved my loot holding guys back and sent the lone knight up to get in the way.


The fanatics kill that knight pretty easily, then kill a baggage with their warlord.


Final turn for me I try to collect the last baggage. A charge with knights get 3 fatigues on it, then my warlord finished it off. Finally kill the last horseman with archers.

In the end I had 2 of the objectives vs 1 for the fanatics, and a bit of a lead in survival points so it was a win for the Teutons.

I wasnt to keen on this board previously, but with the 2 units of bow it actually feels great to play! Crusades are a good time.

I also liked the mission, although it wasnt a great one for the fanatics it was pretty interesting.

Thanks;
Mike






No comments:

Post a Comment