Thursday 30 January 2020

Battle Report - Saga Crusades - Old Fued

Hello Folks,

Time for another Wednesday wargaming battle Report! This week more Saga is on the docket, playing Crusades as it is the period du jour.

I took the Teutonic Knights again as I have been having fun with them. Tried to take more foot knights this time around. 

Serge took Crusaders as that is the only option he has. Again more tending to foot, possibly due to the terrain?

Scenario wise its another one from the book of battles. Old Fued, in this battle each player has to choose a challenger to add from their list. There are a bunch of options, soldier, councilor, princess ect.. each with different abilities and effects. Goal is to keep yours alive and kill theirs. Else if both die it goes to massacre points.

I took the councilor as she has a saga dice and we obey, the Crusaders took a mystic who can add dice as well, also fit in well using a bishop.


Here we are after my turn 1. No shooting charging or saga abilities allowed, so I shifted a bit and set defences.


Crusaders got in position with their moutned of the left flanking.


Turn 2 for me I used Nach Osten to shift everything and fired some bows. Managed to kill a knight and couple of footmen, so not bad.


Crusaders charged in hard killing a fair amount of the bows. I used an ability for defensive fire and got 1 kill at least.


On my turn I saw opportunity. The Crusaders had left the mystic behind un-guarded. So my knights went on a very long charge! Annoyingly it took 2 combats to finish him so they were left exhausted.


The Crusaders hit back crazy hard. Killing the knights, most of my warriors, and a unit of four knights. Ya not a great turn!


Desperate to keep the councilor alive who was getting surrounded. So my archers shot down the mounted knights, and warlord killed the foot knights. Then tried to find a safe spot for her.


Crusaders gave it a mighty try but failed to kill her. I used my few dice to try and fatigue the enemy warlord, but no luck. Looking back probably should have shot the last hearth guard or warriors.


Bug pressure now for the Crusaders to kill the councilor. Their warlord give it a mighty effort but she just barely survived, having my last warrior take a hit as body guard. Annoyingly the warriors had three dice to move. They charged the bows and shifted them enough to charge the lady, she just barely died from that.

With both dead it now went to massacre points which the Crusaders were obviously up on so I skipped the mathematics phase.

Was a very fun game thou and quite close. Another good scenario to try out! Get my seal of approval.

Thanks;
Mike

1 comment:

  1. It was a very fun game as usual. A lot of banter and good gaming. I do not win many SAGA games so was nice to do well.

    ReplyDelete